Thanksgiving is just around the corner, and there is nothing better than a fresh homemade Pecan Pie! Check out this recipe, download it, share it, but most importantly, enjoy it!
For the Pumpkin Pie:
- 1 unbaked 9-inch deep-dish pie shell
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 large eggs
- 1 (15 oz) can pure pumpkin
- 1 (12 oz.) can evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp heavy cream
- 1 Tbsp light corn syrup
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- In a small bowl mix together the sugar, cinnamon, salt, ginger and cloves. In a large bowl beat the eggs and pumpkin together. Add the sugar mixture and mix well to combine. Gradually stir in the evaporated milk. Carefully pour mixture into unbaked pie shell. Bake at 425 degrees F for for 15 minutes. Reduce temperature to 350° F; bake for 40 to 50 minutes longer, or until the pie is set (it may jiggle just a tiny bit), or until a knife inserted near center comes out clean. Cool completely on a wire cooling rack. Serve immediately with caramel pecan topping drizzled over each slice, or refrigerate for 1-2 days.
- For the Caramel Pecan Topping: Add brown sugar, cream, corn syrup, and butter to a small saucepan over medium high heat. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, for about 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Remove from heat and stir in chopped pecans and vanilla. The topping will thicken as it cools. Allow to cool for 5-10 minutes. Spoon topping over cooled pumpkin pie slices and top with whipped cream.